Re: . . .Nepenthes question

From: Paul Burkhardt (burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 19 1997 - 08:25:54 PST

Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 10:25:54 -0600 (CST)
From: Paul Burkhardt <burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: . . .Nepenthes question

Derek Glidden wrote:

> And now a question about Nepenthes, which I believe the answer is "no" but
> I'll ask anyway. Has anyone been/going to/tried to cultivate
> N.aristolochioides? I found a little bit of info and photos a few days
> ago at O.& M.Schmidt's website, and I'm fascinated! I'd love to try to
> grow this wonderful plant. Any more info about it would be appreciated,
> also.

I am also fascinated by this species. I remember seeing the name as N. sp.
'tudjuh' (sp?) and found that it has recently been changed to N.
aristolochioides. This is the most unique nepenthes I've ever seen,
differing markedly from other neps in the pitcher formation. I would like
to know what the nearest relative is. I would guess N. talangensis since
the pitchers are also bulbous at the top. If anyone has any information,
please respond to the list.

Paul Burkhardt