Books on hydroponic growing

From: j sullivan (jsulliva@Eclipse.net)
Date: Wed Feb 25 1998 - 20:24:45 PST

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:24:45 -0800
From: j sullivan <jsulliva@Eclipse.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Books on hydroponic growing

For Benjamin: I found the following in my library:

1. Hydroponic Gardening, by Raymond Bridwell. Woodbridge Press 1972,
1974. ISBN 0-912800-57-7 (softbound), 0-912800-3 (hardbound).
Everything you need to know in 224 pp.

2. Advanced Guide to Hydroponics, by James Sholto Douglas. Drake, 1976.
ISBN 0-8473-1020-5. Everything else you need to know in 333 pp.

I've owned these books for over 20 years but have never found an
application for this powerful technology until now. I've recently become
interested in cultivating the xerophytic bromeliad Tillandsia. These air
plants need to be soaked with either water or nutrient solution and then
let dry out before the start of the next cycle. As I travel a fair
amount, and especially because of the excessively dry conditions during
the heating season here in NJ, a hydroponic system is an attractive way
to take good care of them via automation.

There are probably many later books on hydroponics. Please let me know
how you make out.

Jack