Re: pyrethrin's?

From: Douglas W. Darnowski (darnowsk@staff.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 31 1998 - 06:50:32 PST

Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 09:50:32 -0500
From: darnowsk@staff.uiuc.edu (Douglas W. Darnowski)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: pyrethrin's?

Hello,

I am a botanist, working in the Department of Crop Sciences at the
University of Illinois. I developed an interest in cps while studying for
my BS (Yale, biology) and PhD (Cornell, plant biology), this interest being
related to plants which move in ways unlike you normally expect from plants
(e.g. triggerplants).

I am now living in Savoy, IL, just south of Champaign. I am hoping that
someone could give me advice on good sites to visit nearby in IL (nearest
State Parks are Kickapoo, Clinton Lake, Wolf/Eagle Creek) or IN, and
because of some opportunities this summer, in GA (near Atlanta or Calloway
Gardens), in MN (near Minneapolis), or VA/NC (near Williamsburg, VA). By
near I mean within a few hours, the closer the better.

In VA/NC is there a way to get to see a Carolina bay?

Thanks,
Doug Darnowski

Douglas Darnowski Department of Crop Sciences 384 ERML 1201 West Gregory
Drive University of Illinois Urbana IL 61801 work ph: (217) 244-6150
     fx: (217) 333-4777
home ph: (217) 356-6606
     fx: (217) 356-4454
email: darnowsk@staff.uiuc.edu