Aphids

From: skippy39@fyiowa.infi.net
Date: Thu May 07 1998 - 05:11:56 PDT

Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 07:11:56 -0500
From: skippy39@fyiowa.infi.net
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Aphids

I have a friend who isn't currently subscribed to this newsletter but
his plants have aphids. I have heard to get rid of them, you put the
plants under water for about a week. When he put it under water, within
minutes, the plant uprooted and floated to the top. How can he prevent
this??

Also, I was just curious. I was thinking about VFTs the other day and
wondered about their digestive fluids. The digestive fluids in our body
are used to break down plants that we eat... so shouldn't the digestive
juiced in the VFT break down itself while digesting bugs?

Thanks for you info.