in a hot climate

From: Jared R. Shortman (jared@libcong.com)
Date: Sat May 09 1998 - 08:41:37 PDT

Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 08:41:37 -0700
From: "Jared R. Shortman" <jared@libcong.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: in a hot climate

Can someone give me an idea what carnivorous plant species would do well in
Tucson where the air is hot and dry in the summer. I have been lurking on
this list and have found it interesting but I am unfamiliar with many
species discussed. I have a greenhouse which can keep things a little cooler
in the summer but not that much cooler. The humidity is just a little higher
in the greenhouse too. I grow all kinds of plants that are not necessarily
of xeric nature (for all of you laughing and picturing sand dunes) including
Amorphophallus, bromeliads, etc. Any of you in the thick of heat like me?

Jared

      Tucson Growers Jared R. Shortman
tucgrow@earthlink.net jared@libcong.com
2509 N. Campbell #338 (520) 882-7060