correction and a namequestion

From: Michiel.vanBennekom@STUDENTEN.TBPT.WAU.NL
Date: Wed Jul 01 1998 - 13:25:14 PDT

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 18:25:14 -0200
From: Michiel.vanBennekom@STUDENTEN.TBPT.WAU.NL
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: correction and a namequestion

Hello to all,

First I want to correct myself about the Nepenthesseeds I offered a few days
ago. I mistakenly assumed they were completely alata, but the person I got
the pollen from corrected me that the pollen were 'almost sure burkei', but
burkei is a kind of subspecies of the ventricosa.
So the seeds are of a hybrid nature, but now my question is: is there already
a name for this hybrid or is it just called alata x burkei, or does
ventricosa still has something to do with the hybrid we created (how would
alata x ventricosa be named?). This I would really like to know.
Thanks and sorry again for my mistake,

Happy growing, Michiel

Michiel.vanBennekom@studenten.tbpt.wau.nl