Susand Diazanon ?

From: Andrew Marshall (andrewm@eskimo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 09:30:08 PDT

Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:30:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: Andrew Marshall <andrewm@eskimo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Susand Diazanon ?

Hi Susan,
        I am guessing from your description that what you see are actually
fungus gnats. I have several suggestions to control/kill them.
        A control agent known as Thuricide works wonders on the larvae.
It is a type of Bacillus thurigenensis (spelling uncertain) and does not
seem to damage plants when used correctly.
        Also, Mexican Pinguicula will devour these insects as adults, to
the complete eradication of the species in the greenhouse. They are my
prefered method of control. Species/forms such as P. agnata, P. x Sethos
are wonder workers. Feel free to contact me for getting these if you
like.
        Good luck!
        Andrew