Re: Drosera light levels

From: David Falk (dave@sparrowarts.com)
Date: Fri Jul 31 1998 - 09:58:29 PDT

Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 09:58:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Falk <dave@sparrowarts.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Drosera light levels

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998 skippy39@fyiowa.infi.net wrote:

> Everyone keeps talking about how drosera love lots of sun. I have a D.
> capensis that I used to have outside, but it wasnt producing any dew, so
> I moved it into a window that recieves only soft morning sun in an
> air-conditioned room and the plant grew many new leaves and got lots of
> dew.

My drosera with the most dew is a D. capensis which I keep in a mostly
shaded window. My plant with the least dew is a D. rotundifolia which
gets lots of sun. I think it's probably wrong headed to make
generalizations about drosera, since they do seem to differ greatly from
species to species. Some species are happier with more light, some
thrive on less.

Dave.

--
David Falk                       Sparrow Arts URL http://www.SparrowArts.com