Re: Darlingtonia seed

From: Phil Wilson (cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Aug 21 1998 - 12:35:53 PDT

Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 20:35:53 +0100
From: Phil Wilson <cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Darlingtonia seed

In message <199808181247.IAA22767@mailgate2.cdc.gov>, Mellard, David
<dam7@cdc.gov> writes
>Yes, for those of you that remember from last year, I'm still searching
>for a heat-loving Darlingtonia. I'm looking for Darlingtonia seed so I
>can continue this quest. I have some Sarr seed (alata, flava,
>psittacina, leucophylla) from last year to trade and hope to get out
>this fall to collect more seed or I'm willing to pay for seed.
>
>I have hundreds of Darlingtonia seedlings growing in a cool basement
>from last years seed and they will be set outside in prepared bogs in
>late fall. My guess is that I will have to go through thousands of
>seedlings so hence my request for more seeds.

Ho ho... Guess what I've just harvested. Yep Darlingtonia seed. Not so
much this year but its yours (again). If you want to tempt me with some
more wild seed let me know when you have them. I warn you, I have a
greenhouse full of seedlings at the moment and little or no prospect of
finding room for even ten percent of some of them. Hell though I can
always be tempted.

I'll send the seed off as soon as its dried out fully.

Regards,

--
Phil Wilson