re: nepenthes again

From: Christer Berglund (christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se)
Date: Wed Oct 28 1998 - 12:04:37 PST

Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 21:04:37 +0100
From: Christer Berglund <christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: nepenthes again

Trent Meeks wrote:

> Like Perry mentioned earlier in his posting, Nepenthes don't show their true
> pitcher configuration until the plant is somewhat mature. N. veitchii will
> not show a spectacular peristome until the plant has obtained some size, and
> is "happy" with its growing conditions, Seedling size N. veitchii have
> nondescript little pitchers, but as the plant matures, you will see the
> pitchers progress towards typical form. What to expect in size and

Patience then..One good thing with this plant is that it seem to be a
fast grower. When I recieved the plant (Oct 1st) it had a 5 cm pitcher
which is still looking good, and now it has grown a nice leaf with a
fast developing pitcher, and the next leaf is already on its way. Only
my N. ampullaria can keep up with its growth.

Thanks,

--
Christer Berglund
E-mail: christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se