RE: Repotting CP's

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 05:02:58 PST

Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:02:58 -0500
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Repotting CP's

>Getting ready to repot plants - I want to put something in the bottom of
>the pot to improve drainage and prevent the medium from slowly dribbling
>out the holes in the bottom of the pot.

Hi Ian,

For a few terrestrial orchids that like to grow their tubers deep into the
pot, I use screen from a local home store, cutting a circle (or square) to
fit the bottom and cover the holes. The only care you have to take for cp's
is to make sure that the screen doesn't lift the media above the water level
in the tray.

David
Atlanta