Pygmy drosera questions

From: Christer Berglund (christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se)
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 15:33:31 PDT

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 00:33:31 +0200
From: Christer Berglund <christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Pygmy drosera questions

Hi,

I only have one D. pulchella right now, but I'm really interested in
getting into this group of plants seriously. Personally, I think that
the only drawback with pygmies is the dry dormancy requirement. One idea
that I have to simplify maintenance during dormancy is to bag the whole
pot when the top layer of the soil is dry. I am afraid that
the stagnant air in the bag could encourage mould/fungi, but at least
over or under watering would be prevented. Has anyone tried this
already, problems?

Has anyone (outside Australia) bought gemmae from Allen Lowrie? I'm
thinking of ordering some next season, but I wonder if the gemmae still
will be viable after the time in the mail.

Does anyone know any nurseries in Europe that sell pygmy drosera plants?

Regards,

--
Christer Berglund
E-mail: christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se