re: D.falconeri germination

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 06 1999 - 05:07:44 PDT

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 05:07:44 PDT
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: D.falconeri germination

Hi Christer,

I received 5 falconeri seed from another CPer, along with some other
petiolaris relatives. Germination did not occur initially (in my air
conditioned setup) so I moved the seed to my parents windowsill where
temperatures probably exceed 100F. 2 out of the 5 seed germinated under
these conditions. The other species I planted also had a pretty decent
germination rate. The key to growing this group of Drosera is in
maintaining high temperatures and high humidity. Hope this helps!

Matt