Rain water collection

From: Joe Martinez (joe@jmmsoftware.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 10:02:41 PDT

Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 10:02:41 -0700
From: Joe Martinez <joe@jmmsoftware.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Rain water collection

How are you all collecting rain water? Are there any devices available
to help collect it?

Here's an idea that I had. It would be something
like a VERY wide funnel, like 2-5 feet wide, coming down to a narrow
spout that could be inserted into a 5-gallon water bottle. It would have
legs around the perimeter, going down to the ground to keep it from
tipping over. I wouldn't know how to MAKE such a thing. Is there
something like that available for purchase?

Thanks,
    Joe