Re: Greenhouses

From: R B (eklaab@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 09:59:38 PDT

Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:59:38 PDT
From: "R B" <eklaab@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Greenhouses

>You might try the following url.
> >http://www.atlasgreenhouse.com/package.html
>
>I have a 28 X 96 and love it. They will custom make one for you, or >just
>sell you the parts you want. I saved a large amount of money by >building
>the
>ends from treated lumber and covering it with plastic film. I also >made
>each
>of the end doors double wide so I could drive a Jon Deere AMT with a >dump
>body through it.

Looks like a great deal considering the size of the greenhouse.
How much work is involved in building your own ends? That may be a
detriment for me, since I'm not very handy in wood-working projects.
Also, how long have you had the greenhouse? It looks like it takes 2 layers
of plastic film, and I was wondering about its durability. I understand
plastic film has to be replaced in 2 to 3 years.
Also, did you have to add any additional accessories not included in the
standard package? It seems for cooling, only shutters and fans were
included.

ROn

http://profiles.msn.com.