Re: CP identification

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Tue Jan 21 1997 - 17:48:00 PST

Date:    Tue, 21 Jan 97 20:48 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP identification

> From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@ATSDHA1.EM.CDC.GOV>
>
> 1. Rosette leaf formation growing close to the surface
> 2. Lime green leaves, clear mucilage, no red anywhere
> 3. 2 inch diameter plant
> 4. Leaves are much longer than they are wide: say, 3:1 or 4:1
> 5. I think it had a pink flower but could be wrong.

Hmm, this sounds like P.agnata * P.gypsicola! The flowers ought
to be purple though. Another possiblity is Drosera adelae, it
does have pink flowers. But I assume you can tell Drosera and
Pinguicula apart.... If it's the Ping, it's probably in the wrong
soil and would like to have vermiculite in there too. This cross
(unless all-green) can get some very nice shading to it in the
right light and four inch long leaves.

Dave Evans