New member

From: Lumraptor (lumraptr@indy.net)
Date: Sat Mar 08 1997 - 18:23:21 PST

Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 21:23:21 -0500 (EST)
From: Lumraptor <lumraptr@indy.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: New member

Hello-

  I'm new to the list, but not to CP. I'm 35, but when I was 17, I use to
grow CP in a child's plastic wading pool full of peat and sphagnum moss.
I raised VFT, D.Intermedia, S.Purpurea with some success. The pool and
the plants are long gone, but the expirience is still there. I came to
the conclusion that the climate of my home, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA is
not suited to growning cp without the aid of a green-house. Today, I
live in an apartment- not very suitable for growing cp. I am joining this
list just to chat about CP and to try out some theories of what I think
might contribute to better propigation of CP. Of special interest to me
are two sundews I was never able to get plants of: D.Anglica and D.Linearis.
I guess I like the way these plants look. My dream is to someday have
greenhouse that I can devote to trying to grow these two species.

Sincerely,

Kevin O'Connell

  "Life is light that shines in the Darkness"

       Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind