Nepenthes humidity requirements

From: TheEdge (TheEdge@amdyne.net)
Date: Tue Mar 31 1998 - 07:14:26 PST

Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 15:14:26 -0000
From: "TheEdge" <TheEdge@amdyne.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes humidity requirements

     I currently have some different species of Nepenthes, most of which are
from cuttings and are just starting to have small pitchers forming. They
are grown together in two 15 gallon aquariums and so are in high humidity.
If possible I would like to move them outside in open air during the spring,
summer, and early fall.
     I live in Maryland, USA, and I was wondering if the humidity here is
high enough to grow highland and lowland Nepenthes outside in direct sun. I
assume that at least some people on the list are familiar with the humidity
in this area of the United States. I live at sea level within walking
distance of a bay. Does anybody know if the Nepenthes will grow well
outside? Thanks.

TheEdge@amdyne.net