Phyllodia

From: Scott Mcphee (hyphae@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri Aug 28 1998 - 19:20:29 PDT

Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 19:20:29 -0700
From: "Scott Mcphee" <hyphae@email.msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Phyllodia

I have a question about phyllodia and Sarracenia purpurea. I thought I had
killed it a couple months back. It was in a terrarium indoors and I thought
(maybe I did?) I overfed it. The pitchers turned brown and died back. I
placed it outside with some other Sarracenia and it has produced small
leaves (1-2cm long) in a rosette. This is springing from a growing point
about a centimeter from the growing point that died back. These leaves
(phyllodia?) have no traps and very tiny hoods.

Did it go dormant in the middle of summer. Did I nearly kill it and it is
trying to come back?

And finally, what do I do? If it did go dormant, should I stick it in the
fridgerator? Our temps are in the 80's-90's daily.

Please advise,

Scott Mcphee