Re: B. gigantea cultivation (cold)

From: L235@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 07:25:48 PST

Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 10:25:48 EST
From: L235@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: B. gigantea cultivation (cold)

Jeff Dallas wanted to know about B. gigantea cold tolerance, specifically,
whether or not it would survive in the Pacific Northwest.

I've never let my Byblis freeze, although it's certainly gotten close (low of
35 degrees F has been fairly constant over the last few weeks in the cold
frame ... and it may even have dipped below 32 F once or twice before I put it
under glass.)

At 35 degrees, it is green and healthy and (apparently) happy.

I hope you can extrapolate from this for your own growing conditions.

Jay Lechtman (Jay@carnivorousplants.org)
Ashburn, Virginia, USA
"There's a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness" ... Dave Barry