Re: Sar Seeds

From: Russell Elliott (relliott@geocities.com)
Date: Wed May 07 1997 - 22:14:02 PDT

Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 22:14:02 -0700
From: Russell Elliott <relliott@geocities.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sar Seeds

dave evans wrote:

> Postage paid by: [Image]

> > From: Pam Monson <monson@AGT.NET>
> >

> Hello Pam,
>
> Did you give the seed a stratification treatment? If not, this
> may be why they haven't come up yet. Now, that they have been sown
> and watered, they need a cold period. About two weeks in the fridge
> could be enough for the most southern plants.
>
> Dave Evans

Sorry everyone, I know I have posted something along these lines before,
but I like to stratify my Sarra seed for as long as possible. I have
had seed cold damp stratifying in spaghnum moss in my crisper for
12 months, and these showed the best % germination I have seen!

 I guess the time they spend in the fridge is directly related to the
amount of patience you have (or in my case, absent mindedness) :-)

        -Russell

--
! Russell Elliott, Seed Bank Director,                          !